Senate confirms rector rules in special session
Dear students, employees, and guests of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg,
In spite of the current protection measures against the COVID-19 infection, both the number of cases of infection and the number of deaths related to the pandemic in Saxony have continued to increase dramatically.
Thus and in accordance with the Deans of the six faculties, the Rectorate of the Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg has adopted the following regulations – subject to a decision by the Senate that shall follow in due course.
- With effect from 10 December 2020 until the end of the lecture period of the winter semester 2020/21 on 12 February 2021, classroom teaching and on-site events are suspended without exception and replaced as far as possible by online courses (asynchronously, if possible).
- Teachers are asked to offer alternative possibilities for internships, whereby the university management is well aware that this poses a great challenge for both teachers and students.
- Examination Boards are requested to make provisions to ensure that examinations can be held despite the restrictions this winter semester.
- In its session on 26 January 2021, the Senate will primarily address the issues of examination (replacement) achievements and the recognition of the semester for students.
- The regulations of the Free State of Saxony (Freistaat Sachsen) and the District of Central Saxony as well as individual directives of the authorities and the regulations of the TU BAF must be observed. Further information can be found at https://tu-freiberg.de/en/corona.
The Senate has affirmed and enacted the above regulations of the Rector at its extraordinary meeting on Dec. 11, 2020. The Senate will convene a special meeting in due course. The meeting’s sole agenda item will be the decision as mentioned above. Until the senate takes its decision, the regulations listed under points 1 to 5 shall apply as Rector's Order.
Following the tremendous efforts made by the entire TU Bergakademie Freiberg to allow for class-room teaching on campus during the winter semester 2020/21, we unfortunately have to adopt our measures for the protection of our students, employees and their respective relatives.
Sincerely yours and stay healthy!
Prof. Dr. Klaus-Dieter Barbknecht