Information for International Students
Summer semester 2022
- Courses take place predominantly in presence
- There are exceptions for the first two semesters of our international students, which are still planned online or hybrid.
- For classroom events, students are recommended on a voluntary basis to wear (preferably) an FFP2 mask or a medical mask.
- The activation of the Corona warning app is recommended
Please note the current information on this website as well as the announcements of the chairs in the university newsletter UniInfoL. We are relying above all on the personal responsibility of students and university members.
The TUBAF buildings are open again and can be accessed without a service or student ID card.
The test center of the Studentenwerk in the Neue Mensa remains closed until further notice. Please use the other testing services in the city of Freiberg if needed.
You are welcome to inform yourself about the current vaccination offers of the state of Saxony
- English-language Master's degree programmes continue to be offered in digital format for the first two semesters.
- Teachers are asked to continue using OPAL and to provide study-related materials digitally.
- Important information on the standard e-learning tools and services used and how students can use them can be found here.
- OPAL – Instruction for Students
Please note the relevant publications on the website of the Free State of Saxony.
Contact with infected person
Please continue to inform the student office by e-mail: studierendenbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
Furthermore, please note the regulations of the district of Central Saxony.
- Examination results of oral examinations according to § 8 PO and written examinations according to § 9 PO cannot be reject as of the winter semester 2021/22. (For further details, please refer to the regulations)
Non-accreditation SS 2020, WS 2020/21, SS 2021 and WS 21/22
As a result of this amendment, the individual standard period of study will be extended by an additional semester for students who were enrolled in the summer semester 2020 or the winter semester 2020/21, respectively, and who do not claim a semester off for this time, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
With the coming into force of the Saxon Standard Period of Study Ordinance of 29.04.2021 and its amendment of 27.01.2022, students who are enrolled in the summer semester of 2021 or the winter semester of 2021/22 and are not on leave of absence will receive an individual standard period of study that deviates from the standard period of study and is extended by a further semester in each case.
A separate application is not required in these cases.
Information for return / arrival at TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- Information for your return/arrival at TU Bergakademie Freiberg can be found here
- Information on how to apply for a study place can be found on the individual study program websites . In case of questions or difficulties, applicants can contact the admissions office by e-mail: zulassungsbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de.
- Please contact the staff of the International Office (internationaltu-freiberg [dot] de), the Admissions Office (zulassungsbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de) or the Student Office (studierendenbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de.) by e-mail or telephone.
- The International Office offers online consultation hours via the Big Blue Button web conference system. The times and access links can be found on the website IUZ - Contact.
- Students of the TU Bergakademie, who are currently studying at partner universities abroad, please contact the International Office (internationaltu-freiberg [dot] de).
- Services of the International Centre are also available on a limited basis. Please use telephone and e-mail to contact the responsible person at the International Centre and the Admissions and Students Office. Documents and papers in hard copy can be dropped into the mailbox outside the university main building on Akademiestraße 6 (located next to the courtyard door).
Information of the Studentenrat (Student council)
Can be found here
Information of the Studentenwerk (Student services)
Can be found here