Additional Regulations for the TU Bergakademie Freiberg from 01 December 2020
Dear students, employees, and guests of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg,
With effect from 1 December 2020 a new Sachsen Corona Protection Regulation applies and also sets regulations for universities. The Rectorate and Deans of the Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg continue to rely on the great sense of responsibility, discipline and prudence of the members of the university and thus urge you to consider the requirements of the regulation of the Free State of Saxony (Freistaat Sachsen) and the orders of the rectorate as a minimum standard for your actions.
Please protect yourself and others by avoiding contacts, by adhering to the AHA+L formula (which stands for keeping distance, hygiene, everyday mask and ventilation) and by acting prudently (e.g. wearing your mask outside of the buildings, no personal face-to-face meetings). Please do not try to improve the predefined rules in the sense of alleged "Greater Liberties”, but rather revise your personal behaviour to protect yourself and others.
The following additional regulations apply to the TU Bergakademie Freiberg with immediate effect:
- The campus of the TU Bergakademie is closed for teaching from 18 December 2020 (20:00 hrs) until 11 January 2021 (06:00 hrs). All areas, buildings and facilities are affected by the closure. This does not include the rooms of the cafeteria, the student residences of the Studentenwerk3 and their respective accesses via the campus. Students and teaching staff have no access to the central university administration, the library, sports halls, lecture halls, offices, and seminar rooms. Special lending conditions apply to users of the library during the period of campus closure. For example, researchers and students may exceptionally lend available literature, which usually is not allowed to take away. In any case, please refer to the library's website for additional information. If your thesis is particularly affected by the closure, please contact your respective examiner. Until 18 December 2020, no new regulations apply to teaching. Teaching staff and students will however be re-quested to give preference to digital or hybrid formats wherever possible and appropriate.
- The non-lecture period during the time of campus closure applies from 23 December 2020 until 5 January 2021. No classroom teaching will take place on 21 and 22 December 2020 as well as on 6 to 8 January 2021. Teaching staff are advised to offer digital or other teaching formats, preferably asynchronously, outside the classrooms.
- After 18 December 2020, laboratory work, student work placements (internships), etc. will be offered again from 11 January 2021.
- As far as possible, mobile work is recommended for employees during the period of campus closure. The respective decision is in the responsibility of the respective supervisor(s). Supervisors are called upon to allow the physical presence of employees in exceptional cases only. This does not affect the closure of the university during 24 December 2020 up to and including 1 January 2021 as agreed with the university’s Staff Council. Work that is urgently required in university buildings is still permitted. In all cases, the "SARS-CoV-2 Hygiene Concept" must be observed.
- In addition, the measures already imposed internally at the university continue to apply to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Furthermore, the regulations of the Free State of Saxony (Freistaat Sachsen) and the District of Central Saxony (Landkreis Mittelsachsen) as well as individual directives of the authorities must be observed. Further information can be found at: https://tu-freiberg.de/en/corona.
- Please also note the information provided by our university health management, which can be found at https://tu-freiberg.de/gesundheitsmanagement.
Sincerely yours and stay healthy!
Prof. Dr. Klaus-Dieter Barbknecht