Coronavirus – Rector's information
The health of our students and employees is very important to us. Following distance rules, wearing a mouth and nose protector and the usage of the Corona-Warn-App are contributions with a big effect! Together we can reduce the spreading of COVID-19.
With the progressing course of infections all members of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg as well as guests are only allowed to enter and stay at the buildings of the university with a mouth-nose cover (community mask). In all rooms (teaching rooms, offices, etc.) and general circulation areas (such as corridors, foyers, sanitary facilities, copy rooms, elevators) the mouth-nose cover must be worn.
- Teaching staff in lectures, seminars, etc., who ensure a minimum distance of 3 m or wear an appropriate face mask with visor.
- Individual offices or offices where the minimum distance can be maintained.
Latest update from the rectorate
- Rector information on classroom teaching, examinations and mobile work (November 10)
- SARS-CoV-2-Hygiene Concept (November 9)
- Rector's information with urgent instruction to follow the hygiene regulations and rules in connection with coronavirus (October 9)
- Hygiene rules and measures at work in offices and laboratories (October 22)
- Hygiene rules and measures for the implementation of required classroom teaching (October 22)
- Hygiene rules and measures for conducting exams (October 22)
- Rector's information about events (August 17)
- Rector's information about working time (June 29)
- Rector's information (June 12)
- Rector's order visits by external persons (June 23)
- In case you are welcoming external visitors on campus, please use this form which has to be sent to referentzuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de. Please print both sides to sign .
- New Semester Dates
- Case numbers and graphics for Corona in Saxony (in German)
- SARS-CoV-2-Occupational safety rules of the occupational safety committees at the BMAS (August 20)
- lnformation for people entering Saxony (obligations for returnees from risk areas) (August 07)
- Regulation of the Sachsen Ministry for Social Affairs and Social Cohesion for protection against coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (July 14)
- advise on hygiene measures
- FAQ by WHO
- official travel advise (in German)
- In general, entering the offices in the teaching, laboratory and administration buildings is only permitted individually or with the corresponding minimum distance of 1.50 m. When entering a building, mouth-and-nose protection must always be worn. This applies to the entire campus area.
- Contacts with other people are to be reduced to an absolutely necessary minimum and the minimum distance is to be kept wherever possible.
- Hand hygiene must be strictly observed, ie regular and thorough hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds - at least before starting work, at the end and generally after every toilet visit and in the event of contamination. Disposable towels should be used after hand washing.
- Avoid direct physical contact, such as shaking hands or hugs.
- If coughing or sneezing, turn away as far as possible and use the elbow or disposable tissues.
- Everyone is responsible for ensuring that the body is properly hydrated.
- There must be sufficient healthy breathing air in rooms. The simplest form is window ventilation. The users are responsible for opening the windows. In buildings and rooms with air conditioning systems, the building management controls the air conditioning system in such a way that a maximum supply of fresh air is ensured.
- Everyone is responsible for the hygienic preparation of their own mouth-nose cover (reusable fabric mouth-nose covers can be washed at 60°C).
- The occurrence of an infection with the coronavirus must be reported immediately to the responsible authorities (student office for students, personnel department for employees) by the sick person. They will report the infection to the responsible health office, which will initiate all further measures.
- Returning students or first-year students from risk areas must comply with the respective regulations, such as corona tests and quarantine. Compliance with the regulations is monitored by the public health department / regulatory authority.
Poster for Printing
Information for the community, guests and visitors
- Public events and conferences on the campus of TU Freiberg are postponed or cancelled. Please contact the event planner and consult the updated information online.
- The terra mineralia as well as the mineralogical collection Germany are temporarily closed (November 2020)
- The Mine "Silberbergwerk Freiberg" is closed since November 2.
- Applicants for positions at the TU Bergakademie Freiberg please contact the persons mentioned in the job advertisement to find out whether and in what form the planned job interview will take place.
- Please cancel your visit to the university after returning from trips to high-risk areas or if you have had contact with a person infected with the coronavirus or if there is a well-founded suspicion of such a contact.
- All admitted applicants will receive information from the admissions office (studierendenbuerozuv [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de) and the International Centre. Please use telephone and e-mail to contact the responsible person.
- Information for return / arrival at TU Bergakademie Freiberg