What we are
The Promovierendenrat of TU Bergakademie Freiberg (ProRat) is a board that was founded to represent all PhD candidates at this university. It is meant to complement Studentenrat and Personalrat while the focus is on the concerns of the PhD candidates. The ProRat is not an official university commitee, but is elected within a plenary meeting of doctoral candidates every two years.
On the one hand ProRat considers itself as a direct place to go for the individual questions and problems. On the other hand it works as a political actor that attempts to have an influence on conducive decisions of higher education policies.
What we are doing
We are active on several subjects:
- Organisation of information events (e.g. Mittagsrunde)
- Support networking between PhD candidates in Freiberg (e.g. Herbsfest, Freiberger Promovierendenkonferenz)
- Networking with doctoral representatives of other universities mainly in central Germany (e.g. VMPV, see later)
- Cooperation in various rectorate commissions (Rektoratskommission Gleichstellung, Bibliothekswesen)
- Working out statements to federal and saxon higher education policies (e.g. amendments Hochschulfreiheitsgesetz, Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz)
- Support and advise PhD candidates with individual questions or problems
Since 2015 ProRat is member of the "Verbund mitteldeutscher Promovierendenvertretungen" (VMPV) which is representing 20.000 PhDs at universities in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia.
Don't hesistate to infoprorat [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de (contact us) if you think there are more topics where we should be involved!
We are working closely with the following instituts:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
infoprorat [dot] tu-freiberg [dot] de
11:00 - 13:00 o'clock