Groundwater Management, International Master Programme
- Admission requirements
- Programme schedule and description of modules
- Application documents
- Application address
- Application deadline
The international Master programme Groundwater Management combines knowledge or hydrosphere, water chemistry, modeling, groundwater protection, and groundwater rehabilitation with management techniques and business administration skills. Candidates will obtain in-depth knowledge on groundwater protection, groundwater management, and clean-up approaches for contaminated aquifers. At the same time, participants will be taught related environment law and general management of geo-resources.
Students will be enabled to work on hydrogeological, hydrological and geochemical questions in both science and applications, such as investigating and developing methods forgroundwater protection, learning water chemistry (field and laboratory methods) and numeric modelling of flow, transport and chemical reactions in aquatic systems. All aspects of groundwater including geothermal use will be taught and applied. Work with data bases and geo information systems is obligatory in order to learn about the administration of geo-scientific data in space and time and about regional planning.
Participants will be enabled and motivated to build up their knowledge by themselves and within teams. They will be trained to assume responsibility as geoscientists and managers.The promotion and improvement of communication, personality and leadership skills will play an important role. Students will also be capable of solving economic and legal questions along with questions related to the weighing of interests from resource conflicts and resource evaluation with modern methods.
- bachelors degree or equivalent in geosciences
- interview with candidates
- Language: English
- Duration: 4 semesters
- Degree: Master of Science
- Start: winter semester
- Tuition fee: none
- Application deadline: continuous enrolment, but 30th June for students in need of a visa
The programme schedule is available in the official document Examination and Study Regulations, page 22. The Master degree programme consists of several modules. These are described in the module handbook.
- Application for Admission for Foreign Applicants (additional information)
- Certified copies of education certificates
- Officially attested translations of the above into German or English
- Motivation letter
- Up-to-date passport photo
- Proof of English language profiency: TOEFL score of 550 (213 computer based,78/79 internet-based) or IELTS score of 6.0, or equivalent English
- Language test (exception: applicants from countries/universities with English as official language)
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- The Master degree programme GWM start every year in winter semester (1 October)
- there is continuous enrolment, but 30 April is the application deadline for students in need of a visa
Picture: Yueya Quan – 'Mondsichelsee', Oasis near Dunhuang/China, Photographer: Sigismund von Dobschütz, Copyright: Creative Commons
- Internationale Studierende
- Wege ins Ausland
- Internationale Kooperationen
- Internationales Universitätszentrum